You may have seen that a third Southern Baptist presidential nominee has been thrown into the mix. Following the announcement of Willy Rice two weeks ago and Tom Ascol earlier this week, a new, lesser-known name, Robin Hadaway, is now being nominated for the same position. Not much is known about Hadaway except that he was a former missionary in Africa and South America and has now served two decades as a missions professor at Midwestern Seminary.
In today’s SBC climate, sometimes, the better questions to ask about the presidential candidates aren’t about what they have done, but what they HAVEN’T done. Now that this third candidate is in the game, it might be good to look and see what he hasn’t done as a Southern Baptist.
So far, we have not been able to find where Robin Hadaway has:
- Sat on a racism panel and subject himself to being lectured about how he is a white supremacist or suffers from white guilt.
- Said that the Bible whispers about homosexuality.
- Been lectured by Jen Wilkin or Beth Moore on how he hasn’t done enough to promote women’s rights.
- Been caught up in any sex abuse investigation scams.
- Used his platform as a professor to advance progressive causes like open borders/amnesty, Critical Race Theory, or feminism.
- Plagiarized sermons/class room lectures/etc…
- Recommended books by Robin DiAngelo or James Cone.
- Venerated Martin Luther King, a heretic, as a Christian hero.
- Prostituted himself out to the establishment for returned favors.
- Called on Christians to stand up for LGBT rights.
- Marched in BLM protests and chant Marxist slogans.
- Conflated pro-life movement with social justice and reparations.
- Praised Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- Told anyone that voting for Democrats is “great.”
- Partnered up with prosperity gospel lady preachers from Hillsong and promote their books.
We understand that it is still early in the game and that these things may still come up, but this is just to point out that so far, none of this can be found to apply to Hadaway. If you have anything to add to this list, feel free to comment on our post at Substack.