The Gospel Coalition abandoned the gospel long before it became an outlet for progressive politics and anti-gospel rhetoric. The Gospel Coalition is largely a propaganda outlet for loosely affiliated church leaders to come together and promote woke theology and Democrat talking points.
Now, The Gospel Coalition has released a story that does nothing more than incite fear in those already struggling with anxiety amid the coronavirus outbreak which would lead to nothing more than a decline in church attendance — and it’s based on nothing but unverified talking points. The article suggests that congregational singing — a historic and essential practice of the Church and part of worship — is dangerous and can spread coronavirus.
In the article titled Is Congregational Singing Dangerous? Ken Boer writes that the following could be reasons that congregational singing is dangerous:
- Singing produces an aerosol cloud larger than speech does, and possibly larger even than coughing.
- The louder you sing, the more you spread.
- People absorb more particles when singing because they breathe more deeply.
- Air-handling systems can cause particles to be redistributed throughout the room.
- Anecdotal evidence suggests that singing may have been a factor in recent outbreaks.
Let’s just be clear — none of this is based on any kind of scientific fact and to suggest that people shouldn’t worship in church, or go to church at all, is irresponsible and shows a lack of concern for biblical truth and an unhealthy fear of that which God has commanded us not to be fearful of.
Join Us and Get These Perks:
✅ No Ads in Articles
✅ Access to Comments and Discussions
✅ Community Chats
✅ Full Article and Podcast Archive
✅ The Joy of Supporting Our Work 😉
…for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. — 2 Timothy 1:7
I mean, honestly, if this guy is afraid of singing, I wonder what he thinks about preaching.